Someday will come a day when we’ll need a new fridge but many from us don’t know what to do with the old one and what can we do to dispose of old fridge in a responsible manner? without bad effect for natural environment.
I think every from us know that fridges are made with substances that need to remain contained. This substance it first of all freon but our fridge have many another materials dangerous for life on our Planet.
Every refrigerator contain substances detrimental to the natural environment. Of course older fridge has more of the harmful chemicals and need more attention and good specialists to dispose.
All information about your refrigerator and substances you will find on the back of your fridge. There will be information plate.
If there will be information about CFCs or HFCs you should order specialists to dispose your fridge.
Specialits will know exactly what to do with your old fridge. They know that in UK are 3 legislation acts related to responsible fridge disposal.
Generally that legislation acts inform us that every fridge should be scrapped in a controlled environment.
- Removal of ODS (EC regulation 2037/2000)
If you not respect this act you can get a fine of up to £2,500.
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment regulations for Recycling and Recovery.
- Waste (Household Waste) Duty of Care (England & Wales) Regulations 2005. More information here
Now, when you know legislation acts you can choose the way to dispose of your old fridge.
4 ways you can dispose of a fridge
We recommend for you 4 responsible ways you can dispose of a fridge:
- Sell or simply donate your old refrigerator if it is in good working order.
You can ask family, friends or use social media from Internet to ask who need good condition fridge for free or with small charge.
- Ask your local council to lend you a helping hand.
They will give you solution but probably they will charge for disposal service
- Visit your local charity shop and inform them that you have good working fridge to donate. Probably they will be interested.
- Search for a Household Waste Recycling Centre.
They will give you full solution.
- Search for a licensed house clearance company. They will solve your problem quick, probably within next 24 hours.
We recommend House and Office Clearance Ltd from London – www.houseandofficeclearance.co.uk
You should know that about 95% of the materials a unit is made out of can be recycled.
Let’s do it and dispose of old fridge in a responsible manner.